“Return of the Kid”
Season 1, Episode 8
November 7, 2020
Henry Hart returns back to Swellview and welcomed back Danger Force and Captain Man. He asks the team how they've been doing since he left and they tell him about their missions including their mission at the Swellview Prison when they accidentally let out all of the prisoners that Henry spent his childhood locking up in jail. He asks them if they caught any of them with them telling him their still out their committing crimes as they speak. After they talk, Ray asks Henry why he's here and he tells him that he is here to see him. Ray insists they go out and fight crime like the times when Henry was his sidekick but Henry tells him he wanted to lay low because everyone in Swellview thinks Kid Danger is dead. This leads to Danger Force going on several missions while Ray and Henry play games in the Man's Nest.
After many exhausting missions, Danger Force decides they've had enough and stand up to Ray and Henry with Chapa telling them that they should take care of the mission they receive. Henry tries to negotiate with Danger Force making up excuses as to why he cannot go, but Danger Force doesn't fall for it and sends the two on the nest mission. While they are on the mission, they come across Jeff Bilsky, a criminal Captain Man used to fight with Henry until he escapes and they are captured by a Dystopian bounty hunter named Blackout who eats peoples' souls. When they are captured they call Danger Force in the middle of their screen time and Ray tells them about the situation they're in while Henry begs them to help. The kids continue denying their requests until Henry promises to give them puppies. Waiting for the kids, Captain Man taunts Blackout eventually leading him to be brutally attacked by him until forcing Henry to sacrifice himself to save Ray. Right before Blackout is about to attack Henry, AWOL manages to teleport them on top of Blackout and free Henry who tries to escape but Danger Force convinces him to stay and fight. Henry and Danger Force battle against Blackout defeating him and free Captain Man.
The next day, they're back in the Man's Nest as Henry is about to leave saying a final goodbye to to Ray and Danger Force (who now have their puppies as promised). Right before Henry leave however, Schwoz leaves him a present only telling him it is alive, which makes Henry a bit anxious.
- Cooper Barnes as Ray Manchester (Captain Man)
- Michael D. Cohen as Schwoz Schwartz
- Dana Heath as Mika Macklin (ShoutOut)
- Terrence Little Gardenhigh as Miles Macklin (AWOL)
- Havan Flores as Chapa De Silva (Volt)
- Luca Luhan as Bose O'Brian (Brainstorm)
- Jace Norman as Henry Hart
- Ryan Grassmeyer as Jeff Bilsky
- Girvan "Swirv" Bramble as Blackout
- Denisse Ojeda as Shasta
|“||Hey so uh, how's Dystopia? Do you need me to come help you? Cuz I will burn this whole thing to the ground and leave right now.||”|
— Ray to Henry
|“||We go down the tube now.||”|
— Captain Man to Henry
— Mika, Miles, Chapa, and Bose
|“||No! I did! I did! But I also don't want my soul to get eaten. And I needed to do some laundry.||”|
— Henry to Captain Man
|“||We got your heart to start beating again!||”|
— Volt to ShoutOut
- This is the first episode where SWAG is not featured.
- Miles saying masks save lives is a reference to in real life with people wearing masks due to the COVID-19 pandemic in which they filmed during.
- Blackout is the first villain in the Dangerverse to not be from Swellview.
- Henry's gum dish is the same as the Danger Force's.
- This is the third episode to not feature any recurring characters.
- This is the first episode where Ray blows a bubble on screen.
- Ray saying he was born in 1998 and calling it "Year of the Fist" is a reference to the Musical Artist Band called Year of the Fist.
- Henry's new superhero form from Dystopia resembles Blaze (Cybervillain)'s Avatar form from the first season of Power Rangers: Beast Morphers.
- When Ray says my bad D Force its a reference to the old video game D-FORCE
- As of this episode, the theme song has new clips in the opening credits.
- The interior and exterior of the store "How Convenient" is nearly identical to "Beta Maximus", seen in the Henry Danger episode "Stuck in Two Holes".
- Blackout’s weapon is identical to Darth Maul’s double bladed lightsaber but without any red blades.
- When Blackout's drone scans Henry's face, text on the screen reading 'Pemandangan Yang Indah, Amerika Serikat' translates to 'Swellview, United States', or more literally, 'Beautiful Scenery'.
- This episode continues where the previous episode, Chapa's Crush, left off.
- Henry's parents were mentioned.
- Charlotte Page from Henry Danger is mentioned via her texts.
- Jasper is also mentioned in the texts via Charlotte's texts.
- Henry's force field seems to change since The Fate of Danger.
- Henry's force field can now knock down things and deflect things as well and can be activated with just a flex of his arm.
- In the episode: Ray's Gum tube is not like the kids his Gum tube is a mirror no gums in it and his gums tube is like in Henry Danger.
- The dance game Henry and Ray were playing is made by the Game Shakers in Game Shaker's second season.
- Ray is still shown to have a crush on Henry's mom which was a recurring gag in Henry Danger.
- Henry mentions Juliard.com, a running gag frequently mentioned in Henry Danger.
- This is the first episode in the DangerVerse that has continued into the next one that hasn't started with a recap.
- The events of Book Thieven Steven from Villains' Night and ShoutOut letting all villains out of prison in The Danger Force Awakens are mentioned.
- Henry trying to stop Ray from putting the sunglasses on him is similar to Henry trying to stop Ray from doing his hair in the Henry Danger episode Saturday Night Lies.
- The Danger Force kids landing on Blackout is similar to Henry landing on Rick Twitler in Henry Danger.
- Ray says "Let's go have some Fum" in the episode mentioning how in the Henry Danger episode Caved In it said fum instead of fun on the shirts Henry got made.
- Henry still has his Red PearPhone that he's had the entire run of Henry Danger.
- When Henry's secret messages are being played out loud about Blackout, and tries to hide them, he ends up stepping on his PearPhone.
- November 14, 2020 (Canada)
- November 13, 2020 (United Kingdom)
- November 13, 2020 (Canada)
- January 23, 2021 (Latin America & Brazil)
- January 25, 2021 (Italy)
- May 20, 2021 (Germany)
| To view the Return of the Kid gallery, click here.
|Danger Force episodes|